Meeting began at 2:08pm by Vice President Mike Vallino.
25 Members were in attendance
Ed read the minutes from December 2016 Meeting
Ed gave a Treasurers Report and told everyone that this is the last chance to get your raffle tickets before the banquet. The next time they are available will be at the banquet.
- Since the Crab Orchard Tournament Permit was denied we discussed the Crab Orchard Tournament replacement. After discussion we gathered all of the locations and voted on them. Here are the results from the vote:
- Kinkaid Lake – 21 Votes
- Jacksonville Lake – 12 Votes (move to Sunday).
- Shelbyville – 11 Votes
- Springfield – 11 Votes
- Glen Shoals – 7 Votes
- Rend Lake – 4 Votes
- Carlyle Lake – 3 Votes
- Vandalia Lake – 0 Votes
- Since the vote was for Kinkaid, Ed submitted an permit application for the Lake. Approval is pending. Tournament Application id #6003 submitted with the IDNR.
- The location for Kentucky Lake August Tournament was discussed, also this is confirmed as a 2 day tournament with the second day ending at noon. The locations discussed were
- Paris Landing – 13 Votes
- Kentucky Dam Village – 12 Votes
- Rick Ficker is in charge of gathering the details for the Kentucky Lake August Tournament and securing a permit. He will have these details as soon as possible and pass them to Ed for posting on the website and Facebook.
- The location for the Fall Lake of the Ozarks tournament was discussed.
- Ed presented the information about Red Oak Resort (http://www.redoakresort.com/) and the possibility to rent the “Pavilion” for the group to hold the nightly BBQ and watch football. The cost of the “Pavilion is $100 for Saturday night. The members were in general concensus to rent the facility for the Saturday night meal.
- We asked the membership for additional locations that we could hold the tournament out of. NO OTHER SUGGESTIONS WERE PROVIDED.
- The membership voted for Red Oak Resort with 23 votes.
- Ed will call Red Oak and register the regatta permit with the state of Missouri.
- Craig Knight asked for about 15 minutes of time at the banquet to honor the “Youth of the Year” for the Shielded Waters Fishing program. He will show a video and make the award presentation at the banquet.
- The banquet details were discussed
- The Banquet will be held on Saturday 1/21/2017 starting with Food at 6:00pm at the Knights of Columbus in Collinsville.
- There will be a 50/50 drawing, Rod/Reel Raffle, pay membership dues, Bass Pro Raffle drawing and the annual awards presentation.
- The first tournament of the 2017 Season is March 18th at Lake of Egypt. The permits have been approved and the flyer is posted.
- Ed and Larry will be posting the Tournament Flyers and Permits on the website as they become available.
- 50/50 drawing… Did not catch who won but they did not buy me a beer!
It was motioned by Carl Gansner and seconded by Brain Carlson to adjourn the meeting.
Meeting Adjourned at 2:38pm.
Several of the club members stayed after just to watch the Green Bay packers stomp on the Cowboys to advance to the next round! GO PACKERS!